This year, we wanted to share with you a fun way to incorporate tea in your Lunar New Year celebration.
While not a tradition Jason or I grew up with, it’s one we now love. On New Year’s Day, the kids make the tea and serve it to the adults. And not just any tea, a sweetened fruit tea.
What is this sweet fruit tea you ask? Well, it’s lovingly simple – candied fruits chopped up and mixed with tea and cane sugar.
We’ve put our own twist on it and tossed it with jasmine too. Here’s how to make your own sweet Lunar New Year tea.
Blending the Tea
- Take each strip of candied mango and dice into 1/4 inch pieces or smaller. If it’s sticking to your knife, sprinkle with granulated sugar – the sugar will stick to the sticky parts and make it easier to cut.
2. Toss the green tea and mango together, add in and gently crush the jasmine blossoms.
3. Keep mixing until you have a fairly even distribution.
Brewing the Tea
- Bring your kettle up to 185 F.
- Add 1 heaping teaspoon to your infuser and place in a cup.
- Pour water over leaves and let steep 3-4 minutes.
- Remove infuser and enjoy!
Until next time!